Thursday 22 April 2010

Sir Bob Geldof

Dear Joe Singh,

When I was 13, I had three passionate loves – and they were all rock albums.

One was 'Setting Sons' by The Jam. The second was 'London Calling' by The Clash – and the third was an amazing album called 'The Fine Art of Surfacing' by The Boomtown Rats.

I would rush home from school, dash up to my room, peel the record out of its dark blue cover, (a record is a big, black round thing that for some reason still sounds better than CDs) gaze at the strange picture on the cover of the guy swimming, put the needle on the record and turn the speakers up loud. Very loud.

When the album was finished, it was time to do my homework. So I'd listen to the album again and not do my homework. There were two primary reasons for this behaviour……one was a sneaking suspicion that the lead singer of this group, a scruffy rock star called Bob Geldof, was probably smarter than all of my teachers combined. The second was a sneaking suspicion that life would turn out better if I just kept listening to 'I Don't Like Mondays' instead of doing my homework.

My teachers disagreed.

It turns out…..my teachers were wrong.

Who'd have thought back then that Bob Geldof would change the world and become one of the great heroes of the last century. As the creator of Band Aid and Live Aid, he was responsible for saving the lives of millions. But that wasn't all. He changed the mindset and paradigm of a generation. He connected us to our world before we'd even heard of the word 'internet.' And with the Live 8 concerts and movement of recent years, he made sure that politicians understood what listening to the voters really meant.

And who'd have thought back then that Sir Bob Geldof would be joining me in 2010 at my Entrepreneur Summit to meet with, inspire and share his deep insights on the power to change, with hundreds of the UK's most successful Entrepreneurs – including, I hope, you.

Along with all his other accomplishments, Sir Bob is now a very successful Entrepreneur. At the Summit he'll share with you how to apply his life's experiences and lesson to Entrepreneurial life – plus the importance of mindset and belief - and thinking big – very big.

Whatever you do, do not miss the Entrepreneur Summit. It's going to be a once in a lifetime experience. Full details are here: www.ChrisCardell.co.uk

I'm delighted that Sir Bob Geldof is joining us at this extraordinary event. For me personally, there's a direct link between the rebellion of those albums I mentioned and the Entrepreneurial life. Successful Entrepreneurs are rebels. They defy society because they achieve what most believe to be impossible. 97% of the population live their lives as corporate slaves in jobs. The Entrepreneur is one of the 3% who refuse to do that. I think that sadly, the pressures of growing a business means many of us lose that sense of rebellion and possibility. We lose the Entrepreneurial dream. Come and re-capture it at the Summit. Your business life will never be the same again.

Full details of the Summit are here:

www.ChrisCardell.co.uk

I look forward to seeing you in London. Mondays will never be the same again.

Best wishes
Chris Cardell
PS Everything you need to know about the Entrepreneur Summit is here: www.ChrisCardell.co.uk

Cardell Media Ltd
1 Northumberland Avenue
Trafalgar Square
London
WC2N 5BW

If you do not wish to receive any further communications from Chris Cardell, click here:
Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment